Thursday, May 14, 2015

[Album Recommendation] Eddy Kim- Sing Sing Sing



This album was released back in January but I didn't actually listen to it until last month. Even though I try to listen to the less well-known artists, sometimes I can't keep up with everything new that's being thrown at me and I end up missing a few things. Unfortunately this happened to be one of those comebacks that I missed but all is well because my sister happened upon this little gem of a mini album and shared it with me!

Sadly, I don't know that much about Eddy Kim. I do know that he was a contestant on Mnet's Superstar K4 (which I've never watched.) He also has already completed his mandatory military service which saves us all the heartache of him having to leave us later! He can play the guitar and the piano and he also composes all of his songs.

I did listen to him when he first debuted last year but I wasn't completely sold on his first mini "The Manual." The songs are very pleasant to listen to and his voice was as wonderful then as it is now, I just wasn't blown away. I feel like I will listen to it more now but initially there weren't any songs that I felt the need to put on repeat.

Now, this album. THIS album. I am so in love with it! I don't love every song on it equally but they all add different flavors to make a nice blend of sound and emotions.

Here's the tracklist:

My favorite songs are definitely Sing Sing Sing, My Love, and Apologize. Sing Sing Sing is a little more upbeat and happy, My Love will literally make you feel like you're in love, and Apologize is sassy and catchy! The last song on the album (조화 (造花)) is really really good but it's a little more on the heavy side, which is why I probably don't listen to it as much as the others. 조화 (造花) is a song that he wrote when he was in the military. I'm not really sure what the lyrics translate as but whatever he felt or was going through when he wrote that song, you can tell the song really takes him back to that time. I watched him perform it live and it was so emotional and powerful. By the end of the performance he could barely sing because he had started crying. It was a beautiful performance! Being someone who loves music so much, it really makes an impression on me when people become so engulfed in their music and their performances.

I didn't mean to make this a full-out album review but it kind of ended up that way. I really do hope that everyone who reads this will give the album a chance! Eddy Kim is incredibly talented and I would love to see his fan base grow and see him become really successful in the future. I'll post links below to some of his MV's and the live performance I mentioned above. Thanks for reading!!

Eddy Kim- My Love MV
Eddy Kim- Apologize MV
Eddy Kim- Artificial Flower (조화造花 ) Live
Sing Sing Sing Full Album

4 comments:

  1. how did you get your blog to look so cute what the heck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just chose a template that I liked. Lol!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for your song recommendations! (: && keep it up with your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! ^^ And thanks! I'm hoping to find some time to write some more posts soon!

      Delete